Monday, March 26, 2012

Road Trip


 
Road trip...
Now that most of my kids are married, and everyone has moved out, it is quite the accomplishment to get us all moving in the same direction.  Not that we don’t want to, but with work schedules and school it can be almost impossible. 

But this weekend was important for all of us, we wanted to go and support an extended member of our family; Ryan, who will be leaving next week to serve a mission in Korea for the next 2 years.   

My kids have always known that they can bring anyone over for family dinner, and through the years we have grown to love so many of them!   Sean and I really love them all, and feel like they are truly an extension of our own brood.
On this trip a lot of their old high school buddies came as well to support Ryan, our Saturday was spent passing around a very large bag of jelly bellies, swimming, laying out, and playing ‘draw something’ on our phones with each other, later that evening Ryan’s family had us all over for an evening of good food, and more games.   Brandon set up a slack line which is harder than it looks and everyone took their turn trying to make it across. 

A great meeting on Sunday, I don’t think there was a dry eye after the meeting. As usual I was grateful for the gospel in my life.

On the way home I was looking at all the pictures I took, and I realized a few things; Pringles are the perfect road trip food, jelly bellies still taste terrific, playing phone games is a great way to waste time, St George weather is perfect in March, my kids make me laugh and cry at the same time, and I would rather hang out with this crew than anyone else.  Life is good.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment