Wednesday, March 21, 2012


Spring is here, and I have a new lease on life.  I don’t have to get up and go to the dreaded office anymore.  SO this week I did what a lot of us do in the spring.  I cleaned, and I do mean I cleaned.
All that deep cleaning that I ignored in the past year I have completed in the past 2 weeks. 

Now that is done, I have also tried to make some really ‘good for us’ meals.  For the last year my husband and I would greet each other at the front door as we both got home from work, hungry, and too tired to think about cooking dinner, we would then head out to eat, sad to say mostly  fast food,  Taco Tuesday at Taco Bell knew us well.

So as I spring into this new found freedom, Taco Tuesday has been replaced by Tilapia Tuesday. We have tried 2 new recipes so far and both have been great.  French fries have been replaced by Quinoa and rice.  A fresh salad with every kind of veggie that I can squeeze in replacing the... oh wait we haven’t had any veggies to speak of.

 A big improvement, and hopefully there will be some added bonuses like me losing some much needed weight.  (Losing weight could be a years’ worth of blogs by itself, but the very subject makes me grumpy so I am just going to make some life style changes and if I happen to lose some weight along the way, well good on me!)

Since I have been actually using recipes again, I decided my next project is organizing my recipe notebook, as you can see from the picture it is in pretty bad shape, recipes written on paper plates, scrap paper, and most of them have batter of some sort splattered on them.  So I am going to invest in a new 3 ring binder and dividers and spend a couple evenings fixing up the cook book and along the way make some good dinners.

 I have a good collection of cookery books. This is not so much because I like cooking, but because I like eating.
  ~Louise Brown

3 comments:

  1. Yowza! That's a crazy cookbook! Glad you are doing things you want to do. I'm sure it's a wonderful feeling! Much love to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you. A little jealous, but mostly happy! Good luck with the recipe project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you to have a little MISSY time! You are an amazing woman, and deserve it!

    ReplyDelete