Monday, April 9, 2012

Loving this Spring Weather!

Easter Sunday was great, the only way it would have been better is to have had my oldest son and his family here with us.  I thought about them most of the day and missed not being able to do my grandson's first Easter Egg hunt.  I know graduate school cannot last forever but right now it sure seems that way.  My grand daughter is now pulling herself up and crawling, by the time I see her she just might be walking.
 They let me know they will be out for a visit this summer and that can't come soon enough.  Let the count down begin!
It was great to be with the rest of the brood, nothing is better for a mom than to see her kids as adults as  friends and enjoying each others company.

My gutter gardens are really doing well, my strawberries are getting tall and looking healthy and strong.


My spinach is just starting to poke out of the dirt.


The carrots I was beginning to wonder about, I have never had luck with them in any garden... but I saw 2 little green shoots this morning so I won't give up yet.

I added two more gutters last Thursday and put radishes in one and green onions in the other, nothing so far, but patience is the name of the game.

On a whim, while I was down at the local IFA store getting my chickens some food, I decided to grow my cucumbers and squash from seeds instead of buying existing plants. 


 I bought some little starter containers.  I planted them last Thursday and my cucumbers have already poked through!   
I am so enjoying the outdoors and the spring weather.  After having worked full time for the last 7 years or so, to be able to enjoy the outdoors again and have all my time to myself  is a wonderful thing.  

Next adventure... getting our bike's in for a tune up and getting some much needed exercise!


It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!  ~Mark Twain


No comments:

Post a Comment