Monday, April 30, 2012

Gutter Gardens - One month later

It's been a month since I planted my experimental gutter gardens, and I gotta say I am pretty pleased.

My first strawberry, yahoo!
My Honeoye plants are doing much better than my Eversweet, I am not sure if it is because they are not as hardy or if it is because they are above my head and may be a little neglected.  I lost about 6 of them and have since started to pay better attention to the top row.
If you compare my pictures from my first blog you can really see how much they have grown.

My radishes, carrots, and spinach are doing great also, my little green onions are having some issues, but I realized I had forgotten to drill holes in the bottom of the gutter for draining so I may have over watered, I have a few, but think I will re plant tomorrow.
Spinach
carrots

Radishes

Keeping my fingers crossed, and the warm weather continues, I think I might just have my first successful gutter garden!
                                         
                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment