Saturday, May 12, 2012

So Glad I'm a Mom!


I could not have my very own Mother's Day without my awesome kids...

My boys…

My husband has often compared our boys to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 4 boys, 4 turtles…

Leonardo -The courageous leader and devoted student.

Donatello -The deep thinker, Donatello is perhaps the least violent Turtle, preferring to use his knowledge, to solve conflicts.

Michelangelo - Easy-going and free-spirited.  Michelangelo provides much of the comic relief.

Raphael - has an aggressive nature and seldom hesitates to throw the first punch. He has a temper and can be very sarcastic; but he is intensely loyal to his brothers.


 We have had our fair share of emergency room visits, turning fireworks into small         explosions.

 Filling the house with smoke in the middle of the night, setting off every alarm.


 Riding on the tops of cars like Superman to make THE movie.

 Leaping from roof top to roof top in the neighborhood.

Jumping on the trampoline... from the roof!

Playing the farting game in line at Disney World ( this is when one brother would say very quietly while in line for a ride... ' I farted' now the next brother would have to say it again only louder, and so on and so on, you get the picture?  This used to embarrass the heck out of me which would make them do it even more. 

The octopus that had 8 testicles… instead of tentacles, ( a small mix up in words)

Potty humor, that always comes up at the dinner table and still sends them all into giggle fits (yes my hubby would be included in this!)

Pizza's cold cereal, Pepsi, Poptarts, girls, movie making, comic books, Super Hero's, Nerf Gun wars, paintball guns, air-soft guns... and the list goes on and on. 

 I hope they all have son's one day so they can have as big of adventure as they gave their dad and me! 

Ah the life of boys pretty dang great if you ask me. 


My Girl…

Otherwise known as Spootie…

Now,don’t get me wrong I really loved Lego’s, Super Hero's, and Nerf guns, but I was ready for the color pink to be added to our family.

I wanted some ribbons, and teddy bears, dresses, and Barbie’s, I wanted a GIRL.

I bought a book called; ‘How to choose the Sex of Your Baby’ I did everything it suggested and  whether it worked,  or it was  just my husband’s desperate prayers being answered (since I told him I would keep having babies till we got a girl) I am not sure.

When the nurse handed me this beautiful little girl with all that hair, all was right with the world.  I must confess I didn't even want any visitors, I wanted to be selfish, I wanted her all to myself.  She was perfect!

So you better believe Spootie had a pink bedroom, I made bows that were bigger than her head.  She loved dresses, and I made sure she had plenty, she loved stuffed animals and Barbie dolls.    Anything from ‘Build a Bear’ we had it; literally tubby’s full of them.

Next thing I know she is not interested in bows, the teddy bears and Barbies are put away in the attic.  


They have been replaced by loud music, high heels, and boys! Our biggest worry was the next dance and whether or not she would be asked.. silly girl, boys were never in short supply.

Turn around and my baby just finished her first year in college and is fast approaching 20.  It sounds very cliché to say where did the time go… but it’s true. 

She is a great, she is beautiful, she is smart, she is soo funny, she is short tempered, she is ambitious, she is a candyaholic, she is ‘the green truck’, she is a good friend, she is loyal, she is crazy about her brothers,she is just like her daddy, she is a book worm, she is apples slices with peanut butter, she is a messy room, she is a new pair of shoes (weekly), she is sometimes insecure, she is brave, she is good, she is my girl, she is an answer to prayer, she is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!










No comments:

Post a Comment