Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer time

It's been a couple weeks since I posted, pretty quiet since the 4th of July.  We had a great day with family and friends.  We were a little late for the balloon launch, but we got there in time to see them fly.



We loved The Amazing Spider-Man

Sitting around gabbing 
The girls and I just made ourselves comfy while the boys had 
a good time setting off 'tons' of fireworks!  
My niece and daughter in law
We have lived in our home for over 20 years, my neighbors are not
only our friends but have become an extension of our family.



Our garden is starting to produce some yummy veggies, our first tomato and banana peppers arrived.  We are waiting for a couple more tomato's so we can enjoy a big fat BLT:

Utah is now in the dog days of summer, the heat has been so crazy over 100 degrees for multiple days.  The air doesn't seem to move.  
In our area of the woods this also means plenty of fires in the mountains, at one point we had fires on 3 of our mountain ranges, we actually had ash falling on us in our back yard.  Since then we have had a couple good  rain storms and I think all the fires are out now.

It looked like a volcano was going off, luckily no houses were lost in this fire.
Now that the grand kids have gone back to Georgia and the 4th is over I have been trying to decide what project I want to get started on in the house, the dreaded basement closet (still full of my boys 'stuff'), the garage (ugh to hot),  old family video's organized and digitally redone, the list goes on...


I also must admit I  have really enjoyed these last few months on my own schedule, with no job, but I am starting to look around and throw my resume out to a few places.  I miss the extra spending money and before we know it the holidays will be here, and by then I will have 3 cute grand babies to buy for:) http://www.xmasclock.com/  






Heat, Ma'am!  it was so dreadful here, that I found there was nothing left for it but to take off my flesh and sit in my bones.  ~ Sydney Smith, Lady Holland's Memoir


The summer night is like a perfection of thought. ~ Wallace Stevens




No comments:

Post a Comment