Monday, August 6, 2012

Our Busy Bee's

It has been about 6 weeks since we last inspected the hives, so Saturday morning we opened them up.  They are all doing great. I was brave and got the closest I have ever been and was able to get some pretty good pictures and a couple videos.  
Look at all the glistening honey they are making us!

My first time with the bee hat.. haha I look so funny!  Let me tell you I was so hot while we were doing this.  

Sean getting geared up.  He  forgot to put rubber bands around his pant legs and got stung on his calf.  I would have quit, then and there if that would have been me:)

All of our hives our looking healthy this year.  



Here you can actually see a small pollen ball.



If you look closely at the next few pictures you can see some bee's being born, you can see their little heads popping out.









I realize this is kind of blurry, the sun was shining so bright I couldn't really tell if I was even in the right spot.  But if you look to the bottom you can see a bee being born.  I will try and do better at my video taking in the future. 
 If you want a giggle listen to this video till the end, I kinda lost my 'cool'.  One lone bee decided to chase me as soon as I took my hood off.  But I escaped without a sting:)

"Eat honey, my child, for it is good."
Proverbs 24:13

1 comment:

  1. This is very cool! Thank you for sharing it with us! xo

    ReplyDelete